I had so much fun with my mantle for St. Patrick's Day. I feel way more festive about this holiday and while we will be doing some traveling ON St. Patrick's Day, I have some fun things planned for the week OF. Should be fun.
Let's start with the best part.
My 4 leaf clover wreath.
I love love love my valentine heart wreath and was racking my brain on how I could make something similar for St. Patrick's Day. And this was born. I took 2 styrofoam hearts, cut them up, and glued them together. They didn't look like much naked but once I got all the felt on it my 4 leaf clover appeared. I took a piece of the leftover styrofoam and glued it to the bottom to serve as the stem. Do this part before you start your felt. I will admit that cutting All. Those. Circles. is the least fun part. And just when you think you have enough, you have to cute out about 400 more. No kidding. It was worth it for me but I can see why no one else would want to do this. My thumbs were so sore by the end. I use pins not hot glue. But the beauty of it all is I will have it for years to come. And when I am sad that I have to take down my valentine wreath I can be happy to put up my 4 leaf clover wreath!
Moving on. No mantle is complete without some subway art. You can get that here.
I looked high and low for St. Patrick's Day M&M's but couldn't find any. I did find them sorted by color at Party City (Thank you Jen) but they wanted 7 buck per bag and I would have needed at least 2, maybe 3 to fill up my jar. And then no one could eat them because I paid $20 for them! So I just went to Sams, bought the xxlarge bag, spent 10 minutes sifting through the bag for all the green m&m's, and voila. Cheaper AND everyone can eat the rest of the colors. Just leave the green ones alone!
I'm really happy with how my green blocks turned out. I had home depot cut the wood for me and had a friend cut the vinyl for me. I distressed the edges a bit too. I'm wishing now that I would have done 'pot o' gold' in gold vinyl but I didn't have gold vinyl and it seemed silly to purchase a whole roll for one project. It's the curse of DIY. You always think of more clever ideas AFTER the project is done!
I had leftover green felt and couldn't resist making cute little clovers for my jars. These were a semi-pain to cut out but so worth it. One of those 'sit on the couch, pull stuffing from said couch, and stitch them up while I watch tv' sort of projects. Love those.
And the moment you have all been waiting for. The winner of the banner is...
TIFFANY CLARK
Message me your address so I can mail it on Monday!
Friday, March 02, 2012
St. Patrick's Day and a WINNER!
Posted by
Lacey
at
7:33 AM
Labels: Being Crafty, Holidays
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh I shouldn't have checked this! Now I want all of it!!! That banner is seriously the cutest thing ever! I am loving the greens too after seeing this post! So Dang cute!
Post a Comment