Monday, September 24, 2007

Fall is in the air!

So is scrapbooking! I finally got a little scrapbooking mojo back since I've been pregnant. I would like to think it's because I'm through my first trimester and I've got some energy back but really I'm on a deadline for a kit club that I'm a guest designer for next month. Check them out!


These blocks were inspired by my cousin Tania. She and I have very similar taste, love to scrapbook, and enjoy bouncing crafty ideas off of each other! Thanks Tania for the inspiration! I went to Home Depot and got them to cut a post into 4 inch blocks for me, used my kit to mod podge the outside, painted it, decorated, and then used vinyl lettering for the letters! VOILA! Too bad we don't have a craft/scrapbooking interest group anymore! Oh well! It's been fun to be so creative again and I think I might be back in the mix!






7 comments:

Audrey said...

can we do this together again? Let's do it at my house one night. I volunteer if you can round up the other ladies that want to do it. Please?

Anonymous said...

They turned out great! I'm glad you were able to find some blocks at Home Depot. Very cute. So what's up with this new kit club? How did you hear about it?

Michael said...

I see I have been replaced by Home Depot! thanks a lot!

Brooke said...

Super cute. I was actually going to make some this weekend. I saw some at the Flea market. Now I can look at yours for inspirtation.

Where did you get the letters?

I don't have any good scrapbook stores around. . . so all my shopping is online these days. My favorite is Create my keepsake. I order a ton of stuff last friday and got it yesterday! Awesome service. I have used the a few times now, and I always get my stuff within a couple days!

Keep posting crafts, I need ideas!

Tina said...

I always love what you come up with, Alacey. (I'm looking forward to pulling out my Halloween bucket next week!) The blocks look so cute, did you ink the edges? (I'm not very good at that technique.)

Heather said...

Sooo cute!! I love it. I did a picture block of Brody like that a couple years ago for Christmas presents. It turned out really cute. I busted out my Halloween bucket already and get tons of compliments on it.

JenW said...

awesome! i'm in for doing that at audrey's!