I really love a new recipe and it's always a bonus when it turns out good. I made this one last night and since Chris and I both liked it, I thought I would share it with all of you. AND, I know that all of you try new recipes so when you find one you like post it on your blog so we can all enjoy it!
I got this recipe from Paula Deen. I love the Food Network and the best part about their recipes is the reviews other people give it. It's nice to get an idea of what people thought of the recipe..especially before I spend my own money to make it. This recipe got rave reviews and 4 stars so I thought I was safe....ENJOY!
CHICKEN DIVAN:
2 (10 ounce) packages frozen brocolli, chopped. (I keep a huge bag of frozen brocolli on hand so I just eyeballed how much I wanted and then chopped it up after it had been steamed)
6 cups shredded chicken, cooked (I used a rotisserie chicken from Wal-Mart, deboned it, and chopped it up..used the whole chicken for this recipe...went much faster then thawing out my own chicken breast and cooking them..plus the rotisserie chicken added more flavor)
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon lemon juice (I added this but didn't taste it in the dish so if you don't have it on hand I would say water would work just fine)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/2 cup grated parmesan
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350
1. Steam your brocolli, cut up chicken. Put both ingredients into a 9x13 inch casserole dish
2. In a bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, cheddar cheese, and lemon juice. Pour the sauve over the brocolli and chicken and mix well.
3. Combine parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, and melted butter together. Sprinkle over the top of dish.
4. Back for 45 minutes at 350. 5 minutes before the dish is done spread more cheddar cheese on top and melt.
I didn't think this dinner too far in advance but now think it would be good with just some breadsticks and a side salad. Hope you all try it out!
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
New recipe to share!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That sounds so good. Thanks for sharing!! I love Paula Deen too. We just got cable again so I'm so excited to watch Food Network. The recipe I have on my blog for pumpkin gooey butter cake is also Paula Deen. YOu should try it, its so good!
Hey Lacey! I tried your Chicken Divan tonight. We loved it! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment