The last couple of weeks Elodie and I have been working on flashcards...she has a set of shape flashcards (It's so cute to hear her say shapes like rectangle and octagon) and she has a set of ABC flashcards. We usually rotate daily which set we are going to work on and today we were going through the alphabet. Each card has either an uppercase letter or a lowercase letter with a picture to help her learn what letters start what words.
When we first started with the flashcards I was asking simple questions like what's this a picture of or what letter is this. The lowercase letters were a little harder as some of the letters look alike or don't resemble at all the uppercase letter. Now that we have been working on it for a couple of weeks I've started to ask her if the letters are big or small and ended up teaching her the difference between an uppercase letter and a lowercase letter. During our lesson this morning Elodie stood up in her chair and said "Mommy! I'm big like an uppercase and babies are small like a lowercase!" Yes, Elodie your right!
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
I'm Uppercase!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So cute! Isn't it fun to watch them learn! Isaac has been doing really good with his letters, but we haven't even started lower case.
So I had never heard the name Elodie before. . . Until reading someone elses blog about the show "the hills". Apparently there is a girl named Elodie.
Funny when I saw the name Ainsley, most people have never heard of it, but there are a few that say "Oh Ainsley, like the republican on West Wing?" Sure I guess?!
Post a Comment